Pushing to repo asks for a password to git@git.mysite.com

I set up gitea using the docker image and have it all setup. However I tried to push a repository to the site and I am asked for a password. I try enter, the admin password, my user password, my ssh_key password, all are incorrect.

$ git remote add gitea git@git.mysite.com:ArchieJG/Portfolio.git
$ git push gitea master
git@git.mysite.com’s password:
$ password123
Permission denied, please try again.

Once I get the password wrong 3 times it says

Permission denied (publickey,password).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

I have added my SSH key to my account on gitea, my ssh key does require a password but that password doesn’t work so I’m not sure what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated

SSH keys are what you should use. And maybe ssh-agent to avoid having to type the ssh key passphrase.

What do you mean, I am using SSH keys. My problem is that when I try to push to the repo it asks for an unknown password.
I am using a docker image so the port 10022 is mapping to the container port of 22, I wonder if that’s a problem?

If you run in docker on 10022 port than git remote add gitea git@git.mysite.com:ArchieJG/Portfolio.git does connect to hosts 22 that is dockers host ssh not gitea containers. You need to do git remote add ssh://gitea git@git.mysite.com:10022/ArchieJG/Portfolio.git in your case to get it working correctly