GITEA's RSS URL's do not work with most RSS readers

Dear Gitea family,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the RSS url’s to import into any RSS reader? I would love to add my repositories RSS to my Outlook or MS Teams RSS reader but using the .rss url that the repo gives me gives me an error with over 9 RSS reader applications I have tried saying it’s invalid. Any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using latest Gitea version (1.18.x)? I believe some improvements were made in that release to better adhere to the RSS standards.

I’m running 1.18.5 and get the following error when I try to import our RSS link from a Gitea repository:

Forgot to include if that we can open the URL in any web browser and we do see RSS entries with a few of the test changes that were pushed to the repository.

What happens when you test the RSS feed URL using the W3C validator? It should tell you whether the content of the feed has any issues.

I’m not sure that would work as our server is behind three firewalls (state government), so the URL is not accessible to the public. We have tried multiple clients that work with other RSS feeds but haven’t found a Windows 10 RSS feeder that works with GITEA’s RSS URL’s. If you or anyone else is using one that works please let me know which program and I will try it out. Any help is appreciated!

Access to the feed URL isnt required. You can paste the contents of the feed URL into the form.