Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Delivery (CD)

https://about.gitlab.com/product/continuous-integration/

Is something like this in the plans for Gitea?

Having something like this packed into Gitea would be absolutely amazing. Actually in my personal case this is also the only thing that prevents my colleagues and me from using Gitea as the main Git server for everyone at the company I work for.

@Akito take a look at Drone CI.

There is plan (at least for me) to integrate Drone CI more into Gitea

Greetings, @lafriks, thank you for your response.

Is part of the goal that it will at least seem as “native” as the GitLab example I mentioned?

@fazlerabbi37 Thank you for your suggestion, but the point really is that the CI should be really a part of Gitea and basically work without any individual per-repository setup. Ideally, it should be a one-click solution. The biggest advantage is that Gitea wouldn’t just be a plain VCS but, if it would implement this and more, an entire development to production assist, not only a part of that.

I use jenkins with my gitea server.
While settings up jenkins, I found it integrates well with gitea: Jenkins add itself to gitea, automatically discovers repositories, run repo pipelines if it find a jenkinsfile, and link the build results inside gitea’s interface.
All that being pretty much a 1-configuration click inside jenkins

@Mageti
Interesting, thanks for your input.

@Akito you will still need to configure Drone CI server independently from Gitea but I want to have option to have option to enable Drone CI UI to be displayed inside Gitea repository tab to be able to see all repository builds/configure them etc without opening Drone CI UI

1 Like

@lafriks
Every step in the right direction is a good step!

I checked out Drone CI and it indeed is really great, once set up properly. Eases up CI hugely for Gitea, due to the possibilit of connecting the two. Though, @lafriks goal would be the cherry on top. :grin:

I am new to Gitea, and went searching for a CI/CD solution, which brought me here. Are these plans still in the works?

Ha…should have read a bit more first…Drone has a docker image and the docs explain how to integrate with Gitea. I have some more reading to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made this simple project that plays with Gitea and executes shell scripts on every repository event (like push)

Gitea has implemented Gitea Actions and could also work with jenkins/drone CI and many other CI/CD tools.

1 Like