Cannot clone repository from Gitea

Hello,

I’m currently using the latest installation of gitea from the docker public repository gitea/gitea:latest

I’m running this instalation on a Debian server, for what it’s worth.

Using docker-compose, I could bring the two services, which were gitea and mariadb working as expected.

I logged into my instance from the web interface, added an SSH public key to my account and created my personal repository.

Now, my only issue is trying to set up SSH authentication from the docker environment.

I tried to follow all the instructions on the official page but, at the end, I simply cannot push or pull from my instance as I only receive back “fatal: Could not read from remote repository.” in response.

When I clone using the HTTP method, it works like a charm, although I’m forced to enter my username and password then every time.

What could be the cause of this?

Do you have a trusted server certificate on your Gitea server? I know that git won’t allow you to connect using a secure method like HTTPS or SSH if the server certificate is the default self signed one.

I do have an SSL certificate that I configured. It’s the same one I use for my web server and for bitwarden.

The certificate is signed by Let’s Encrypt.

thanks for the awesome information.

thanks for the awesome information.