[SOLVED] How to add labels to issues?

Hi

I want to use tags in the issues but I am unable to find how I can do that. I assume I need to add tags somewhere else so tehy show up in the drop down menu, but where?

There are two controls in a button group above the new issue template called Labels and Milestones. I believe that’s what you’re looking for.

Yes you are right, I meant the labels not tags. How do I add or edit them?

Like milestones, labels are be modified from the issues route as illustrated in this link:

Screenshot_20181023_223943

If you don’t see those buttons check user permissions for edit rights as applicable.

Well, I am in issues, I see the labels, milestones, assignees etc. I can assign an assignee to a n issue, but my labels menu is empty. I am trying to find where and how I populate that list. It seems like a label can not be just added to an issue by typing.

Clicking the Labels control circled in the image above should take you to the /%repo%/labels route. If you don’t see labels you need to choose a label set. One default label set is provided and should look something like this once selected and applied to the repo:

1 Like

That was it, thank you. I am using the dark mode i never saw those buttons there, I mean I did not pay attention they are abbit of bleak color

1 Like

Banner blindness, perhaps. That’s what happened happened to me. But only one click away and discoverable if you’re familiar with the GitHub workflow IIRC. After a few months I’m very pleased with Arc Green.

Yeah Arc Green is nice, I wish that it ha d abit of more contrast to it.

If you find the old dark theme repo (it used to be separated) I believe there’s a link to the Dribbble or similar where the original theme was designed. Who knows, maybe they’d like to improve it with your feedback. Just a thought. But I digress.