[solved] backup gitea on synology in docker

HI, i have been used gitea for one year long. I use it in the Synlolgy DiskStation‘ Docker. I want to make a backup for the gitea docker. Can anybody teach me how to make a backup for the gitea in the docker?

thank you

I’m a new user, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Backup should be as easy as gitea dump -c /path/to/app.ini. If all goes well, an archive should be created in the current working directory where the command was executed.

Restoring is a whole separate and less polished matter.

More information can be found at: https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/backup-and-restore/

Cheers!

Edit: Also, for future reference please use a more descriptive title so that other people can easily find your question.

Thank you . I’ll try later.

Hi,I used this,the bash returned:[Failed to connect to database: Unknown database type:]. So how should I do?
Thank you.

So how should I do?

I don’t know.

1. is the app.ini path you specified for the command the same ini file you’re running off of for your instance? If gitea web can connect to the database and gitea dump can’t, I would assume the problem is with command invocation.
  2. since this is a year-old version, is your version’s backup process different than the one described in the online docs? Perhaps following older documentation (or even gogs’ docs prior to the fork) would be a more fruitful endevor.

Remember that I’m a noobie here. Perhaps the regulars will be more helpful.

Thank you all the same. I will try other ways to figure out this. Have a good day.

/app/gitea/gitea dump -c /data/gitea/conf/app.ini

This one works.

1 Like