Roadmap to host Gitea on Gitea

Bonjour,

Looking at the Gitea hosted Gitea issue, it looks like there are no more blockers to the migration :tada:

I wonder if there is a scheduled date?

Cheers

1 Like

We have tried serval times, and you can find a failed migration here lunny/gitea: Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service - gitea - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea , some comments of issues/pull requests are not migrated. We are finding the reason. Another problem is the migrations spend too lang because of github API’s rate limit, so I have sent a PR Multiple tokens support for migrating from github by lunny · Pull Request #17134 · go-gitea/gitea · GitHub to make the migration faster. The issue hasn’t been updated for a long time. But the work is still continue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, and even more for your hard work on making it happen.

@lunny I see Multiple tokens support for migrating from github by lunny · Pull Request #17134 · go-gitea/gitea · GitHub was merged a few weeks ago (:tada:). Was it all you hoped for? Or are there other roadblocks?

I have tried once successful migration lunny/gitea: Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service - gitea - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea but some comments are missed for those index > 8700. Haven’t found where the problem is. And some releases are duplicated.

2 Likes

@lunny Did you figure out why those comments are missed? No pressure, just curiosity :slight_smile:

Haven’t found out where is the problem but will continue the work soon.

1 Like