No matching manifest for linux/arm/v7

Hi Gitea-Community,

while trying to install Gitea 1.14.4 with Docker on my RaspberryPi 4 (ARMv8), I got the error message no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

I need the arm64 version of Gitea, but I don’t really know how to tell docker-compose. Any help is really appreciated!

Cheers,
Cody

So after going through Git Issues dating back to April 2020, it seems that I am not the only person with this issue.

I need to replace the image to gitea/gitea:linux-arm64 in the docker-compose.yml. For ARM hardware you can also use linux-arm-6, since it is backwards compatible.

is the “linux-arm-6” the correct tag for arm v6 docker image? I’m trying to do docker pull gitea/gitea:linux-arm-6 but get Error response from daemon: manifest for gitea/gitea:linux-arm-6 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown

I used to build docker images on HardKernel’s HC2 SBC, which is running arm v7, but having issues building images.

Sorry for the late reply @Adminiuga.

As the error states the manifest is unknown. You can look up gitea tags in Dockerhub here to see which image you can pull for your use case.

I suggest you use the tag gitea/gitea: 1.15.9-linux-arm64.

Since I cant promise you it will work on the HC2, you will need to try out other images on Dockerhub.

ADDITION: I personally use kunde21’s gitea docker image. It is precompiled for ARM and ARM64 and even amd64 (x86_64). Makes life so much easier, because not even in the gitea docs they tell you which image to use for what architecture…