I have noticed that merge conflict checking on pull requests, became slower and slower the newer the version became.
Edit: See Pull requests stuck in "Merge conflict checking is in progress. Try again in few moments" · Issue #22578 · go-gitea/gitea · GitHub is now stuck, i’m not. able to merge any pr.
We are running on a highly performant windows server, intel xeon, 32gb ram etc. but Gitea get’s slower.
With the release of Gitea 1.18.2 we updated the Git version to 2.39.1.
Merge conflict checking now, takes about 20-30 minutes for a pull request with +1228 and -328 changes which is average for us. This is basically not applicable anymore.
With the last 1.17.x version, everything seemed fine and was definitely faster.
Also page loading time, no matter what page increased to about 5-10 seconds each.
I would love to provide logs if required. Please let me know what you need.