How do I migrate contributions from gitea to github? (Green squares)
I am not sure if you can migrate the past green squares, but you can migrate future ones.
- Create a new personal access token at GitHub iif you don’t have one already. It’s in GitHub settings, developer settings, personal access tokens (or in URL bar
/settings/tokens/new). I think the permission is
repo:public_repo, but I haven’t documented this clearly, and keep it somewhere at hand.
- Create a new repository at GitHub. Don’t initialise the repository though (don’t add LICENSE or README file), I am not sure if it would result to an error later or if Gitea just overwrote it.
- Go to settings of your Gitea repository and scroll to mirrors.
- Enter the GitHub HTTPS clone address to
Git Remote Repository URL
- Open the authorization menu (just below it)
- Set username as your GitHub username and the PAT you made at step 1 as the password.
- Maybe enable “Sync when commits are pushed”, I am not sure if I have seen that before and if you want, adjust the sync interval.
- Press the “Add Push Mirror” button
- By default your commits should get pushed to GitHub every 8 hours, but you could also try the
Sychnorize nowbutton to see if it works.