Gitea 1.9.4 is released - Blog

We are proud to present the release of Gitea version 1.9.4.

We have merged 24 pull requests to release this version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.gitea.io/2019/10/gitea-1.9.4-is-released/

I want to upgrade the 1.9.2 version to the 1.9.4 version. What should I do?

Basically shutdown the old version, replace it with the new one and boot it up again.

Can I downgrade from master version(1.10) to 1.9.4?

How stable or recommend to use the master version(1.10)?

Many thanks.

In a test site, yes, but not in production.

From 1.9.4 to 1.10.0 many table columns and indexes were created and old records have them initialized to proper values. If you downgrade, the columns will be ignored and everything will seem to work fine. However, when you upgrade again there will be no migration process: the columns already exist and they will not be re-initialized properly. That means that any changes you make between downgrading and upgrading again might cause some degree of corruption. Not for the faint hearted. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @guillep2k, I think I’d better wait and upgrade to the next 1.10.0 release version.:joy:

Btw, I got a problem yesterday that I deleted a tag from the repository X with command line. The Gitea web-side repository X ‘release’ page still shows that tag. I clicked that tag, Gitea displays a 404 page. After that, I went to the ‘site administration’ and processed ‘garbage collection’, the repository X corrupted with an error 500… Do you know how can I solve this problem?

Sorry, not my area of expertise.