Extract repositories and users out of docker gitea and inte local gitea

Hi,

Does anyone know how to move repositories and users from an docker installation of gitea and put it in a existing local installation without docker (I want to retain the repos in the destination instance, so I want to merge the repos from the other instance)? I am using Windows on both servers in question.

I do not know if that matter, but I am using different databases on the servers.

In an local installation there are files containing the repositories, but such things does not seem to exist on the docker instance.

This is not an easy task im afraid. If you had an empty instance this would be trivial, but merging two existing instances is hard. You most certainly need a custom script of some sort to query the gitea API of the instance in your docker and create the data inside your local instance. If you have users that are the same on both instances, you may even need some custom mapping logic…

Repositories are stored both in the database and in the filesystem as bare git repositories. Both should be mentioned in your app.ini; to be preciese these settings:

[database]
DB_TYPE = ...
HOST = ...
NAME = ...
USER = ...
PASSWD = ...
PATH = ...

[repository]
ROOT = ...

[lfs]
PATH = ...

If you didn’t modify them at setup (or some later point), the data should lay in /data inside the container.

Btw if you use docker on windows you do use linux inside of it :wink:

We did solve the migration, and it now works perfectly. Thank you for your reply.