Can't use Custom Label

Hi,
I have create a file in /custom/conf/label/myFile.
I have add some custom label like sample.
reboot gitea
But when i want to add some labels from set i can’t seen my file just default

I do some thing wrong ?
my file content
#fc2929 bug
#cccccc doublon
#84b6eb amélioration
#159818 besoin d’aide
#e6e6e6 invalide
#cc317c question
#ffffff ne sera pas corrigé

You have to take it out of the conf folder. The label folder needs to be custom/options/label. So your file would be found at:

custom/options/label/myFile

Furthermore, the format of your file should be something like:

#ffffff Ne corrigera pas ; Problèmes qui ne seront pas résolus
1 Like

I am trying to do exactly that in order to have a set of labels available everywhere, but with both 1.11.6 and 1.12.2, it does not work. How could I verify, except for using strace? I have tried to create completely new instances from scratch, with an empty database, too, but the label table remains empty. What’s the magic sauce to make this work, please?

Today, I learnt about ‘gitea embedded’, and found the default label configuration.

Now, in ~gitea, I have:

$ find -L . |grep -E ‘label|app.ini’
./gitea/custom/conf/app.ini
./gitea/custom/options/label
./gitea/custom/options/label/Global
./gitea/custom/options/label/Default
./gitea/options/label
./gitea/options/label/Global
./gitea/options/label/Default
./options/label
./options/label/Global
./options/label/Default

That’s because I have symlinked the ‘options’ directory, which is under custom, to the directories where the gitea binary is, and to the gitea home directory, which is one level above:

$ ls -l gitea/gitea
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 106954336 Aug 1 17:31 gitea/gitea*

This ‘ls’ command is to show that the ‘custom’ folder is right besides the ‘gitea’ binary, ie. in the default location.

I installed gitea via my Ansible role, which you can fetch from Galaxy, if you want to reproduce.

But I still don’t get why the label file, even if I call it ‘default’, is not being picked up by gitea.

Today, I discovered that I need to import the labels from the “Issues”->“New Issue”->Labels dialogue first, before they will be available. I need to do this on a per-repository level. I have more than 100 repositories already, however small. Is there a way to enable my labels for every (existing) repo by default?