EDIT: The solution is posted halfway in this thread. Click the following permalink to jump to it: Can new users be restricted to issues only?
I’m sorry if this is not the best place to ask this question, and even more so if this question has been answered before or is documented somewhere. My googling skills didn’t yield the answers I needed.
I want to use gitea to only
- release and host opensource code.
- track issues submitted by our opensource and paying users.
Gitea does #1 splendidly well. However, I’m not sure how (or if) I can make gitea do #2. The issue is that new users can also create new repositories and organizations. I want to restrict any new user to only opening issues and replying to them.
My questions can be stated as follows:
- Is it possible to configure Gitea to only grant limited privileges to new users? At least restricting them from creating new repositories and organizations.
- Assuming there is, can such users’ privileges be later expanded by an admin?
- (tangentially related) Some code hosting solutions allow the submission of new issues by anonymous/unregistered users. Does Gitea support a scheme like this?
Again, I apologize if this was not the right place to post these questions.