Auto Merge not happening

I have a PR that was generated by renovate. But in my opinion, it should be merged automatically by gitea but it is nothing is happening:

Do I need do I need to activate auto merge anywhere?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, click on the triangle, and then on the clock next to your chosen merge style.
With that, you can enable automerge.
That is in this case a little bit overkill as the automerge will happen as soon as you enable it as all checks are already fulfilled.

We know that the UI for it is suboptimal at the moment.
We are looking for improvements for it.

PS: The can be merged automatically is meant in this case as has no conflicts, not as will be merged automatically.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response!
Oh, seems that I misunderstood auto merge. I expected gitea will merge without interaction. Is there a way to achieve this?

Yes, click on the triangle, and then on the clock next to your chosen merge style.
With that, you can enable automerge.
That is in this case a little bit overkill as the automerge will happen as soon as you enable it as all checks are already fulfilled.

Hm, redid the PR and now the automerge happed without interaction. Strange

1 Like

May I just in into this topic ? I’m having similar issues.
I am trying to get my Renovate Bot to automerge the PR. The PR has marked as automerge enable but never merge. Am I missing something ?

Same with me. Scheduled auto merge not automatically merging

There is a PR to try to fix it. Also run automerge check after pull review by 6543 · Pull Request #25741 · go-gitea/gitea · GitHub If it cannot, please fire another issue.