Adding attachments to release doesn't work - changing FILE_MAX_SIZE doesn't work

I created a release for the first time on a project, but the compiled application (in a .zip) never shows up. I went back and edited the release to upload the zip, and it still doesn’t show up. What am I doing wrong? I’m using the web interface.

Update: The issue is the file upload size limit, but I can’t seem to make Gitea take any configurations on my public instance. I was able to update FILE_MAX_SIZE in /etc/gitea/app.ini (which is the right location on Arch) on my local instance, but the same change has no effect on my public instance. I’ve searched through my entire server to find any config file defining FILE_MAX_SIZE set to 4, and I’ve come up empty. I don’t know where Gitea is getting this value. If I call the API, it returns 4 as the value of max_size.

I’m using Apache on my public instance, but I know I can upload larger files on this server (works fine in Dokuwiki). My local instance runs on ngnix.